Sunday 21 December 2008

What's this?! A New Post?!

A couple quick thoughts on Christmas:

1) I would like, some day, to be the kind of guy who has a pear or some celery for a snack when I settle in for some late-night post-kids-in-bed interwebbing.

Tonight, for example, I sat down with a glass of water and a "perfectly ripe" (thanks M&S) Conference Pear*. Yet somehow not 12 seconds later I find that I have stuffed an entire mince pie into my mouth.

2) I am singularly atrocious at wrapping gifts. Not the "ha ha, he means well" atrocious where everyone shares a chuckle and a wry smile. More like the "kids won't open the gifts because the only thing you'd wrap like that is a spider's nest" kind of atrocious.



* I assume these pears were specially bred for large industry gatherings and trade shows. Who knew?

No comments: