Monday 30 July 2007

My secret dream: Backhoe Operator

I was very much nose-to-the-grindstone last week at work (and now resemble Voldemort*), so not a lot to update.

We're still waiting on the car to arrive. We had a bit of an ONO moment when we realized that I ordered a manual shift. No big deal, we both know how to drive manual. Right?

I didn't consider that the wacky right-side drive cars here means that you shift with your left hand. So we will soon be shifter-ambidextrous.

Naturally, that lead me to think of different situations where being able to shift with either hand would be.. uh, handy. That illustrious list started and ended with one occupation: Operator of Earth Moving Machinery.

I haven't yet told Elaine of my plans to quit my job at the bank to pursue my dream of digging really big holes.


*Not really, Voldemort looks like a snake and I look more like a skink.

No comments: